Join our group!
Membership in the Alaska Food Coalition has many benefits, including:
- Access to a mini-grant that will give funds for capacity building
- Links to grants and other funding opportunities, as well as grant application support
- The invitation to attend the AFC annual meeting in Juneau and access to scholarship funds to help cover the cost of travel
- Access to a network of anti-hunger agencies throughout Alaska
- Opportunity to form relationships and share best practices with government and charitable agencies involved in anti-hunger work
- Information and research about anti-hunger efforts in Alaska
- Collaboration in the future of the coalition’s statewide anti-hunger work
- A platform to inform the public, legislators and opinion-makers about hunger issues
Types of Membership
General Membership is for organizations and agencies that provide service to hungry people or to anti-hunger agencies, including non-profit/501(c)(3), faith-based and tribal organizations. General members are eligible to apply for mini-grants and scholarships, and receive links and support for other funding opportunities. Membership is on a sliding scale and starts at $10 for organizations; membership dues are funneled back to members through the mini-grant pool, scholarships and other benefits:
|FY 2017 Dues – Based on Annual Operating Budget|
|Organization Annual Budget||Below $100,000||$100,001 to $250,000||$250,001 to $500,000||$500,001 to $1 million||$1 million to $3 million||Over $3 million|
|FY 2015 Member Dues||$10.00||$25.00||$50.00||$75.00||$100.00||$150.00|
Associate Membership is for individuals, state agencies, legislators, coalition networks, other non-profits – basically any person, group or agency with an interest in Alaska’s food security. This type of membership will put you on our mailing list and keep you informed of hunger and food-related news, events and opportunities. We welcome diverse participation!
Download the FY 2017 Membership Form to get started!
Questions? If you are unsure what type of membership is right for you or your organization, contact the AFC Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org at 907-222-3103.